Saturday 21 April 2012

Therapist Mummy

This week I've been reminded of the benefits of being a therapist Mum. Usually I'm so busy keeping them apart, trying to get that work/personal life balance and then every so often they start to blur....take it when my elder son starts asking me for a massage. Gone are the days of lying him on a changing mat & singing him songs, now I have to do it like my clients & let him lie down with a towel (he is 5 now, so of course he wants it like everyone else) We even have to have a little discussion about oils & let him choose which one he would like to use.

This week it again blurred as I spotted a lovely big red spot on my younger sons' back. Recognising that type of spot from last year & that little fluid bit inside the angry red swelling I'm figuring its chickenpox, however I'm obviously not diagnosing as only a medical professional can do that (However therapist aside, authority of Mum is figuring it is chickenpox).

So, aside from the school run and getting my youngest ready for Nanny's, I'm also diving into my aromatherapy box to choose a few oils. Well, we've gone for a bit of white thyme for an immune boost, roman chamomile to help soothe the itching and helichrysum to help prevent any scarring in a lovely cooling aloe vera gel. Bags packed, including the chamomile hydrolat & a pot of mummys medicine, we're again back on track & ready to face the day!

So far, so good, we're two days in & my little boy doesnt seem to distraught at the spots, if anything he was worse before they appeared! So, we now just wait for it to take its course & wait to see what the next little therapist Mum challenge will be....